About this Course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills that they need to effectively deploy Microsoft Office 2007. Specifically students learn how to prepare and plan for the Office 2007 deployment, how to build and customize the Office 2007 installation, and how to deploy Office 2007 throughout their environment. Students also learn about the Office 2007 setup and multilingual architecture.
Microsoft Certified Professional Exams
No Microsoft Certified Professional exams are associated with this course currently.
The student kit includes a comprehensive workbook and other necessary materials for this class.
The following software is provided in the student kit:
The audience of this course consists of IT Professionals and technical decision makers with the skills to successfully plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop environments that support the Microsoft Office system.
|At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will gain the skills to:
Course OutlineModule 1: Preparing to Deploy Microsoft Office 2007
Introduction to Microsoft Office 2007
Identifying Office 2007 Deployment Resources
Microsoft Office Deployment Guidelines and Technologies
- Describe the products and benefits of the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
- Describe the various resources available to assist in the deployment of the 2007 Microsoft Office system client.
- Identify technologies and apply guidelines for planning, testing, and deploying the 2007 Microsoft Office system client.
Module 2: Planning for a Microsoft Office 2007 Deployment
Planning for the Office 2007 Open XML File Format
Assessing the Network Environment for Office 2007
Lab: Planning for a Microsoft Office 2007 Deployment
- Describe and plan for the Office 2007 open XML format.
- Assess the network environment to identify interoperability issues with the deployment of the 2007 Microsoft Office system client.
- Use the Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager to analyze and identify file compatibility issues.
- Use the Microsoft Office File Conversion Tool to convert files to the new Microsoft Office Open XML format.
Module 3: Understanding the Office 2007 Setup Architecture
Understanding the Use of the Local Installation Source
Setup Sequence of Events in the 2007 Office System
Lab: Installing Microsoft Office 2007
- Describe how the local installation source benefits an Office 2007 installation.
- Explain the Office 2007 setup sequence of events.
- Install Microsoft Office 2007 on a network client.
Module 4: Customizing the Office 2007 Installation
Configuring the Installation
Customizing the User Environment Using Group Policy
Lab: Customizing the Office 2007 Installation
- Customize an Office 2007 installation.
Use Group Policy to control an Office 2007 user environment.
Module 5: Selecting an Office 2007 Deployment Method
Understanding Infrastructure Management Techniques
Using Group Policy to Deploy Office 2007
Lab: Deploying Office 2007 Using Group Policy
- Select an appropriate deployment method based upon an organization's infrastructure management process.
- Use Group Policy to deploy Office 2007.
Module 6: Office 2007 Multilingual Architecture
Overview of Multilingual Architecture in Office 2007
Deploying Multiple Languages in Office 2007
Lab : Deploying Multiple Language Versions of Office 2007
- Describe how Office 2007 addresses multiple languages within a network environment.