|About this Course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This one-day instructor-led course provides messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies. Students will learn how to manage messaging and connection security. They will also learn how to manage spam, anti-virus, and content filtering. And finally they will learn how to install and configure a gateway server.
Microsoft Certified Professional Exams
This course will help the student prepare for the following Microsoft Certified Professional exam:
Exam Exam 70-236: Implementing: Troubleshooting
Exam and Maintaining a MS Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure.
The student kit includes a comprehensive workbook and a Student Materials compact disk for this class.
This course is intended for enterprise-level messaging administrators who have at least 3 years experience working in the Information Technology field, including administering Exchange Servers. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about MicrosoftExchange Server 2007. Administrators should have some experience with Exchange Server 2007.
|At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Module 1: Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-spam Systems
Introduction to Antivirus and Anti-Spam Management
Implementing Anti-spam Features
Implementing Antivirus Features
Lab : Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-Spam Systems
- Reviewing the Contents of the Spam Quarantine
- Discussion: Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
- Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
- Explain how to manage antivirus and anti-spam.
- Implement anti-spam features
- Implement antivirus features.
Module 2: Configuring Edge Transport Servers
Deploying Edge Transport Servers
Configuring Internet Message Delivery
Configuring Security for Internet E-Mail
Lab : Configuring Edge Transport Servers
- Configuring SMTP Connectors to Secure SMTP E-Mail
- Implementing Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)
- Deploy edge transport servers.
- Configure Internet message delivery.
- Configure security for Internet e-mail.
Module 3: Implementing Messaging Policies
Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
Implementing Messaging Records Management
Implementing Transport Rules
Lab : Implementing Messaging Policies
- Configuring Domain Security
- Describe messaging policy and compliance.
- Implement messaging records management.
- Implement transport rules.